As the metro area faces a new chapter in its response to Covid-19, we too are updating some of our procedures to further ensure the protection of both you and our staff. We, however, want you to know that during this time of the “shelter-in-place” order, our services are considered “essential services” for your pets and family, so again, our doors are open; we’re treating pets; and first and foremost, we say, once again, we are available to you during this difficult time.
We will continue being vigilant about thorough disinfection and cleaning and we ask that you continue practicing all the CDC guidelines https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html for everyone’s safety. Remember, if you or anyone in your family is sick, call us first. We’ll then assess what the best options are for you and your pet.
Changes at Johnson County Animal Clinic going forward will include:
- Prior to your appointment any paperwork that can be filled out from our website should be done before your visit, if you’re able.
- Upon arrival, call the JCAC telephone number at 913-642-2714 to let us know you have arrived at the clinic. Please let us know at that time whether you plan to stay in our parking area or run other errands to ensure the best use of time. If you’re running errands we’ll call you when we’re done.
- The staff will meet you at our front door to retrieve your pet and provide the safest transfer. All personal items such as leashes, collars, toys, beds, etc. will remain with you for safety. We will be using disinfected clinic items during this time to make sure we have the safest transfer for you, our staff and your pet.
- If your pet is being dropped off for a procedure or surgery, we will contact you by phone upon completion.
- After examination, the doctor will let you know through a phone call of any treatment decisions to be made and allow you to assess those options before treatment is given.
- Payment by phone through a credit or debit card will be the preferred method of payment. We will give you a receipt when you pick up your pet.
- After treatment is over, we will make a final contact with you or you can to us, to allow for another smooth transition from the clinic to your car.
- Please note, if you need medication, food or other services we provide, please call the office to make arrangements.
Finally, we want to emphasize again, we are your partners at this critical time. Our motto “healing pets, helping people, has always been and will continue to be our guide. And we will strive to honor those words.
The staff at JCAC